Mr. Amir Syamsuddin is known as one of the top lawyers in Indonesia. He got his law degree from the University of Indonesia in 1982. Then he obtained his master degree in law from the same university, in 1992.
He is the founder of Law Offices Amir Syamsuddin and Partners, and the founder of Acemark -a firm which is specialized in patent registering. His high expertise has been proved along with the acknowledgment of the cases he handled. Most of them are nationally scoped.
Highlights of his proofs in litigation can be seen in the cases of TEMPO (1986), Suara Pembaruan daily (1999), Zarima, Akbar Tanjung (2003), Harnoko Dewantoro, Beddu Amang, KPKPN (2003) and the dispute between Texmaco and Kompas (2003), where he served as the national newspaper’s lawyer.
– Jakarta Lawyers Club – Vice President
– Indonesian Agency of National Arbitration (BANI) – arbiter
– Asean Patent Attorney Association (APAA) � member
– Indonesian Bar Association –
– Indonesian Advocates Association (IKADIN)